It’s time to review the affiliate program of a tool I love; Canva.
This design tool is loved by many and today I’m going to take a look if their affiliate program is worth considering and if you can make any money with it.
So in this review, you’re going to learn:
- What is the Canva affiliate program all about
- How does one sign up for it?
- What are the commission rates?
- Some pros & cons
- And if joining is worth your effort.
After this review, you should have a good idea if the Canva affiliate program is the right one for you.
Ready to learn more?
- Affiliates can earn money by referring new users to Canva Pro and receive a commission for each sign-up.
- Payment options include PayPal and direct bank transfer, with a minimum threshold of $10 before payments are processed.
- Pros of the program include high brand recognition, quick payouts, and a user-friendly platform, while cons include lack of recurring commissions and strict quality control for getting accepted into the program.
Overview of the Canva Affiliate Program
The Canva Affiliate Program offers new revenue options for content creators interested in affiliate marketing.
What Is Canva?
Canva is a fantastic online tool that lets you create beautiful graphics, designs, and even entire presentations with ease.
It’s like having a professional designer at your fingertips, without the need for any technical skills or experience. With Canva, you can make eye-catching posters, captivating social media graphics, stunning infographics, and so much more.
It’s certainly a tool I couldn’t live without.
You can make money with the Canva Affiliate Program whenever someone signs up for Canva Pro through your affiliate links.
It doesn’t matter if they sign up during the day or at night. You can track how much money you have made on the dashboard given by Canva to all affiliates.
How it works
The Canva Affiliate Program is a way for you to earn money by referring new users to Canva.
Here’s how it works in a nutshell:
- Register as an affiliate on the Canva website.
- Once approved, you will receive a unique affiliate link.
- Promote Canva and its products to your audience using this link.
- When someone clicks on your link and signs up for Canva Pro, you earn a commission.
- The more people you refer, the more money you can make.
- You can track your earnings and performance through the program’s dashboard.
- Payouts are quick and easy, ensuring you get your commission in a timely manner.
Signing up process
You can become a Canva affiliate by following the following process:
- Visit the Canva website and go to the Affiliate Program page.
- Click on the “Sign Up” button.
- Fill out the registration form with your information, such as your name and email address.
- Agree to the terms and conditions of the program.
- Submit your application.
- Wait for approval from Canva, which usually takes a few days.
- Once approved, you will receive an email with your unique affiliate link.
- Start promoting Canva using your affiliate link and earn commissions for every new user you refer.
It’s worth noting that Canva does have requirements if you want to get accepted into the program. The whole program is shifting towards more “content-creator” driven approach.
One aspect of this is having to produce helpful content at least once a month about using Canva.
Earning Commissions with the Canva Affiliate Program
Affiliates can promote Canva and receive a percentage of each individual sale they refer. They also have various payment options and thresholds to choose from.
When it comes to commission rates, the Canva Affiliate Program offers different structures based on the subscription plan chosen by the referred user.
Let’s explore these rates in detail:
- Monthly Plan: For the first two months of a user’s Canva Pro subscription, you have the opportunity to earn an 80% commission every month.
- Annual Plan: If a user chooses the annual subscription option, you’ll receive a one-time commission of 15%.
It’s important to note that the commission structure mentioned above applies specifically to the Canva Pro plan, which caters to individuals, small businesses, and organizations. While Canva also offers an Enterprise plan for large businesses and an Education plan for classrooms and organizations, commissions are limited only to referrals made to the main Canva Pro plan.
I also want to highlight that you won’t receive any commission simply for generating leads or when a user creates a Canva account. Similarly, when users start a free 30-day trial, no commission is earned. The commissions are earned when trial users upgrade to a Pro plan.
Another thing to note is that Canva is currently going over some changes in their affiliate program. These details could change to some degree.
Promoting Canva products
As an affiliate, you can share your unique affiliate link with your audience and encourage them to sign up for Canva Pro.
Here are some ways you can go about promoting Canva:
- Write a blog post or review about Canva, highlighting its features and benefits.
- Create tutorials or how-to guides using Canva, showcasing its versatility and ease of use.
- Share your own designs created with Canva on social media platforms.
- Recommend Canva to your email subscribers or newsletter readers.
- Collaborate with other influencers in your niche to promote Canva together.
Payment options and thresholds
The Canva Affiliate Program offers different payment options and has certain thresholds that affiliates need to reach in order to receive their earnings.
Here are some important details:
- Affiliates can choose to receive their payments via PayPal or direct bank transfer.
- The minimum threshold for receiving a payment is $10.
- Once an affiliate’s earnings reach the threshold, they will be eligible for payment.
- Payments are typically processed on a monthly basis.
- Affiliates can track their earnings and payment status through the program’s dashboard.
Pros & Cons of the Canva Affiliate Program
One definite pro of promoting Canva is its sheer popularity.
People recognize the brand and this can make promoting it much easier for you.
It also comes with tons of promotional material and support for affiliates, as long as you get accepted into the program that is. The cookie duration is a decent 30-day period and should be plenty enough.
The tool is also super easy to use (with great capabilities) and once you get people to join the free trial, some of them are sure to fall in love with the tool and will remain customers for many years to come.
Now, Canva does have a few drawbacks to consider.
One big drawback is the lack of recurring commissions.
You only get to earn recurring commissions for the first 2-months of someone being a Pro user.
This means you have to constantly hunt new customers to join the Pro plan. It can make the process of earning a decent income a bit tougher for beginners who may not yet have the skills to collect leads.
Overall, while the Canva Affiliate Program has its limitations, it still provides a great opportunity to promote a great product.
Although, it seems getting accepted into the program is becoming harder and harder these days.
Is the Canva Affiliate Program Worth it?
The Canva Affiliate Program is definitely worth considering if you want to earn money by promoting Canva to your audience.
However, keep in mind that you should probably be somewhat established before you apply to join this program. They seem to have tight quality requirements on who gets accepted into the program.
Overall, it’s a worthwhile affiliate program to explore.